Friday, November 6, 2009

NEW NAPPY BAG


I've just finished my new nappy bag. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It's the first structured bag I've made. The pattern is found here http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com/gallery/tutorial-hip-mama-diaper-bag/ . It's just brilliant: lots of pockets to store things so they are easily accessible,big volume, yet not so huge it looks like you're carrying a spare tyre.


I altered the pattern slightly: used 3 inch strips of velcro on the flap instead of magnetic closures [so if I overstuff it I'll still be able to secure the flap]; & added a loop that winds around my drink bottle & attaches with velcro to keep my drink bottle standing up to one side. I also removed the regular zip pull & put a cute heart zip pull on there. A minor detail but every time I open that zip compartment the heart will make me smile.

Now I'm off to transfer everything from my old bag into it.

1 comment: