- Be prepared ahead of time [don't spend the first 5-10 minutes gathering all your supplies together as the kids get bored & into mischief VERY fast!].
- If you are doing paper craft of some type, have the card cut ahead of time [see no. 1 for why].
- Don't try to get any of your own cards done at the same time, this will only lead to your frustration & them making a mess.
- Pray that the baby stays asleep so you have both hands free while making cards.
- Children like to 'complete' a project, so when you realise it's dinner time & you haven't started cooking & tell them to pack up cause we can always finish the cards at another time, expect a tantrum or 3.
- When your toddler is behaving like a monster, remember that it's dinner time & you haven't started cooking & therefore she's very hungry.
- Don't expect help to pack up without having to yell & scream at them [see no. 5 for why].
- Crafting really is fun & it's good for them to do this with you!! Just be prepared ahead of time...
You'd think I would have learned my lesson after the last time I scrapbooked with them! If you missed that, you can find it in my archives or here: http://sewfrog.blogspot.com/2009/10/scrapbooking-with-children.html
[I still need help with these hyperlinks - somebody please help me].
Now I still have to finish off the cards with them another day... wish me luck!!