Wednesday, June 30, 2010

PECAN PIE


Last night we had some bible study friends over for a meal. We shared the meal preparation [they did main, I did dessert] but I couldn't decide what to make, so I made lemon meringue pie, cupcakes, and pecan pie.

It's been ages since I made pecan pie, and I'd forgotten just how easy [and delicious] it is. Here is my recipe, modified from an Australian Women's Weekly cookbook recipe:

PECAN PIE

1 cup plain flour [I used gluten free - of course]
90g butter
2 tablespoons water, approximately

FILLING:
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup golden syrup or glucose syrup
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
30g butter, melted
1 1/2 cups [the whiole 185g packet] pecans

Put flour and butter in food processor and process till it resembles fine breadcrumbs [or rub in butter by hand]. Add enough water to make ingredients cling together. Press dough into a ball, knead gently on floured surface until smooth.

Roll dough until large enough to line your pie dish/flan tin. Lift pastry into greased tin, trim edge. Blind bake in moderately hot oven 10 minutes, remove paper and weights, bake a further 10 mins. Allow to cool while you make the filling.

Combine all filling ingredients in bowl, mixing well. Pour into pastry case.

Bake in moderately slow oven 55 mins or until set. Cool.


This pie is delicious served with dollop cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment