Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Heat Wheats - another UFO done [including tips for making your own]
Miss 8 also decided to help me out. Here are the two that she made:
1. Sewing channels every so often while filling your pack make it work better - you don't end up with all the wheat down one end.
2. Spritz with water or put a glass of water in the microwave when you heat it up. Otherwise they could catch fire. VERY IMPORTANT.
3. Add dried lavender with the wheat when filling for a lovely aroma when it's heated.
4. Make up in a few different shapes for the different purposes you need them.
5. They work really well as bed warmers in winter - instead of hot water bottles or electric blankets. Make a soft pillowcase for one out of polar fleece you can throw over after it's warmed. My kids sometimes cuddle them on a cold night!!