Tuesday, May 17, 2011

GLUTEN FREE RASPBERRY & WHITE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS



I have a new obsession: muffins. I got sick of cupcakes, brownies, chocolate marble slice, fruit cake, and yummy layer slice [my standard baking I seem to do in a month].


Those of you who know me outside of cyberspace will know that I only eat dark chocolate. I have been known to remark that putting milk into chocolate just removes space that could be taken up by more "pure" chocolate. And I never let white chocolate rubbish pass my lips!



Newsflash! I have found a reason to eat white chocolate: raspberries. I tried these muffins with regular wheat flour last week for bible study and they worked really well. Then I had to try to convert the recipe to gluten-free.

The result is delicious.

GLUTEN FREE RASPBERRY & WHITE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS [makes 12 medium]


2 cups gluten free flour [either blended yourself or a commercial one]

2 teaspoons baking powder

2/3 cup caster sugar

180g block white chocolate, roughly cut into small squares

1 egg

3/4 cup buttermilk

125g canola oil [you can substitute melted butter, I was just too lazy to melt]

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup frozen raspberries [don't defrost]


Fill a 12-hole muffin pan with muffin papers. Preheat oven to 190C.

Combine dry ingredients [including chocolate and frozen berries] in one bowl.

Combine wet ingredients in another bowl.

Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry, until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX or they won't rise as much and will be tough.

Spoon into muffin papers and bake for 20mins.

Turn onto wire rack to cool.

I then decided there was only one way to improve them: make them dark!!



I added 1/4 cup cocoa to the dry ingredients and substitute dark chocolate for the white.


Go make some muffins!


No comments:

Post a Comment