Thursday, February 2, 2012

Gluten free pancakes and waffles

This has become my favourite pancake/pikelet/waffle mix.  I have tried countless recipes and experimented with all of them a lot over the past 5 1/2 years.  I no longer experiment.  It is my go-to recipe every time.  Mr E likes them, and he doesn't like gluten free food much.  I have even had people tell me they prefer these waffles to ones made out of wheat flour.


·        1 cup rice flour [brown or white]
·        1/2 cup potato starch
·        1/4 cup tapioca flour
·        2 teaspoons baking powder
·        2 tablespoons sugar
·        1 teaspoon salt
·        1/4 cup oil or melted butter
·        2 eggs
·        1 1/2 cups sour milk or buttermilk (I sour mine with a couple of teaspoons of vinegar)

Mix all dry ingredients together.  Add oil, eggs and milk.  Blend with a stab mixer, electric mixer, food processor, or balloon whisk.  Cook as pikelets/waffles/pancakes as desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment